Lurganboy Wind Farm
The proposed development at Lurganboy consists of 6no. wind turbines, 55 metre hub height and 44 metre rotor diameter. The site is a complex site consisting of rock outcrops and high montane plateau with full exposure to the Atlantic.
The practice co-ordinated all aspects of planning including the preparation of the EIS. The project received full and final planning permission in March 2004. The project was commissioned in 2008, and the practice has also prepared an application for an extension to the wind farm of a further 4no. turbines.
- Location: Rathmullen, Co. Donegal
- Client: Highland Wind Energy Limited
- Size approx.: 50 Ha.
- Year of Project: 2004
- Project Team
- Director: John Ward
- Team Members
- Visualisations: Tortech
- Engineering: JC Warnock & Company
- Floristic assessment: Catherine Storey & Co.
- Cultural Heritage: Mary Henry & Co.