Meenanilta is composed of a long flat shaped hill which is situated at an elevation of 200 metres. The site is relatively small and was utilised for a mixture of rough grazing and commercial forestry.
The initial planning work on the site began in 1999 with the commencement of meterological monitoring. In 2000, planning permisssion was secured for three turbines 49 metre hub height and 52 metre rotor diameter. A further permission was secured for another 4 turbines later that year.
The construction of the first three turbines was completed in December 2003 and it is expected that a further three turbines will be installed by June 2004.
The practice undertook the co-ordination of all aspects of the project including the compilation of the EIS for the second phase of the project.
- Location: Meenanilta, Ballybofey, Co. Donegal
- Client: Redwind Energy Limited
- Size approx.: 50 Ha.
- Year of Project: 1999 - 2004
- Project Team
- Director: Mr John Ward
- Assistant Landscape Architect: Mr Rebecca Gronjord
- Team Members
- Engineering: J C Warnock & Company
- Turbines: Vestas Celtic Wind Technology
- Floristic assesment: Catherine Storey & Co.
- Cultural Heritage: Mary Henry & Co.