Metro North & Metro West
Murray & Associates were appointed to undertake a location and arboricultural tree survey and assessment for all trees which fell within the construction impact boundary zone for each Metro Line. The field work included tagging of all trees, species identification, height, stem diameter, crown spread, height of ground clearance, age, tree physiological and structural condition, and category status grading as per recommended BS5837:2005 headings and 8 year management recommendations, estimated remaining contribution, predicted ultimate size (height, canopy and root spread) and Amenity Helliwell Evaluation assessment. Photographic records were taken of every specimen tree, group and woodland for record history and future reference. Techsol Technical Solutions Ltd. were subcontracted to undertake the GPS location survey works.
The desktop work consisted of Arboricultural Impact Assessment and Method Statements was prepared taking cognisance of the overall arboricultural assessment of the tree’s proposed tree status, suitability to their location, risk assessment, mitigation, future growth predictions and detailed protection measures.
- Tree Survey and Tree Protection Drawings and Detailed Protection Measures.
- Tree Survey Report and schedules.
- Location: Dublin
- Client: Railway Procurement Agency
- Size approx.: 4,500 trees to date
- Year of Project: 2007 - 2009
- Project Team
- Principal Arborist: Sinead McHugh
- Consultant Arborist: John Morgan
- Team Members
- Surveyors: Techsol Technical Solutions Ltd