Sutton Castle was constructed in 1895 for Andrew Jameson of Jameson Distilleries. The original forty room mansion house was designed by Alfred Darbyshire. In the 1970’s Sutton Castle passed from the Jameson Family and was used as a Hotel until it closed in around 1997.
The house is set in seventeen acres of parkland and woodland and has sweeping views across Dublin Bay.
Murray & Associates were commissioned to restore sections of the gardens, prepare a management plan for the trees and woodlands, and to also design and oversee the construction of new additions to the grounds.
The practice prepared a management plan for the existing woodlands. This involved the regeneration of native Oak and Scots Pine. The management plan also created a number of walks through the woodlands, which have now been interconnected into the terrace garden areas.
- Location: Sutton, Dublin 13
- Year of Project: 2005
- Project Team
- Principal: Mr. John Ward